We have a serious problem with stray and street dog overpopulation.
This is a direct result of dogs running loose and
not being spayed or neutered.
Loose dogs impact the safety of pedestrians, bike riders and leashed pets.
Residents are afraid to walk on our sidewalks because of the stray dog problem.
Children are afraid to play outside because of the stray dog problem.
NORTHSIDE DAWGS WORKS FOR A SOLUTION!
Be part of
Keep your Dog comfortable
- NEVER walk/run your dog when it is hot outside. Paws can get burned on the pavement and dogs die from getting overheated.
- NEVER leave your dog in the car. In Houston, it is almost always too hot and your dog can die.
Dogs Feel Pain
- Dogs feel physical and emotional pain just like we do.
- DON'T take away a dog's toy
- DON'T make loud noises around dogs
- DON'T wake a sleeping dog
- DON'T bother a dog when he is eating
Caring for Your Dog
- ALWAYS have fresh water available
- Feed dog food - not people food
- Keep fur brushed and nails clipped
- Walk your dog on a leash
- DO NOT let your dog run loose
- Keep your dog behind a good FENCE
- DO NOT chain your dog